Monday, August 6, 2012

Restoring a Clawfoot Tub: Part Three

It's been a long journey to get to this point. From sanding  to priming, it's a lot of work. But I think I am pleased with how the claw foot tub has turned out. Now, it is a little difficult to get the whole picture since it is upside-down still, but you can see most of the work.

After priming, we put two good coats of Sherwin-Williams Antiquity (SW 6402) onto the tub. The color is very unique and looks different depending on the lighting that it is in.


I also highlighted the balls that the claws are resting on in Antiquity as well as a stripe at the base. I think it makes it look a little more finished. We do need to scrub out the inside, so that will be a post for another day. I'm happy with how it looks now though!

No comments:

Post a Comment