Thursday, June 5, 2014

Crunch Bar Cookies

It's the fourth week since baby was born, and I'm starting to find time to cook a little! It's nice to feel like life is adjusting to somewhat of a new schedule. More on that later... let's talk about food!

My favorite cookie recipe from my mom has pudding in it to make it super moist. I happened to pick up a bag of Crunch bars on sale, and decided I would use them instead of chocolate chips this time. What a good decision! They had an awesome little crunch factor that really upped the texture of the cookie. I thought I would share the recipe since I downed about a dozen all by myself. (Oops, did I just admit that?) Next time, I am going to do the same thing, except for add chunks of caramel too.
Crunch Bar Cookies

1) Beat until smooth and creamy:
1 c. butter
3/4 c. light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 package chocolate pudding mix (4 serving size)
1 tsp. vanilla

2) Beat in:
2 eggs

3) Gradually add:
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda

4) Mix in:
1 1/2-2 cups Crunch bars, chopped into small squares

Batter will be stiff. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Let cool slightly before devouring! Don't burn your tongue!

*You can also use vanilla pudding to make classic chocolate chip cookies, and have fun experimenting with white chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.  

No comments:

Post a Comment